Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hard to choose from these girls

I have been dreaming more and more with having a motorbike. It happens that I don't have a motorbike  driving license. I have been looking around and to drive the type of motorbike I want, I need a A1 driving licese. This requires several things:
- to own a motorbike (What? Really? I explain better later)
- a motorbike jacket
- motorbike boots or mountain boots
- gloves
- helmet
- motorbike trousers (I can't use a pijama?)
- 12 hours of driving classes

The hardest part in all of this is the motorbike itself. I was surprised when I went to the driving school  and was told that I must buy in the first place the motorbike in order to have the classes. And the instructor was very proud to say this is probably the only country in the world that works like this.
He also said that he receives many surprised foreigners when they find out (like me) that we first need to buy a motorbike. And here is my problem.

First, I'm not really sure if driving a motorbike is something for me. I have always driven cars, I like motorbikes but I don't know how well I feel driving one. I just drove a couple of times, each one of them for 5 minutes - so it's not a lot of experience, let's say.

Anyway, I have decided I will get one. If in a year if I find out I don't really like it so much I sell it again, probably losing a bit of money (experience costs).


I like the style Trail. I have been looking primarily to to three models: two from BMW and one from Suzuki.

Here they are!


Suzuki XF 650 Freewind from year 2000



BMW F650 from 1996




BMW F650 from 2000




Very hard choice it seems. The prices vary a bit from these three models. The BMW from 2000 is the most expensive. The Freewind from 2000 is just a little bit more than the BMW from 1996 which makes it nice deal in terms of relation year/price.
But... from all I'm reading the BMW has an astonishing quality compared to any other. It's a bit heavir but not much, just 15kg more.

What I love on the BMW 2000 is the front part above the wheel (don't know the name) which gives it that aggressive look, compared to the Freewind and the BMW from 1996.

So, what do you think? I want to go out with one of these nice girls :) help me choose one.
Do you have of these to sell in Switzerland? In Luzern? Then please let me know!

7 comments:

  1. Man,

    How about one of these: http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vespa

    They are cheaper...more elegant...less fuel...easier to drive...good quality...confortable...you only need a helmet....

    hasta

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is also a good idea, but I believe you meant this one ;) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vespa

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol....the first one might be a problem!!!...when you sit on top of it can be painfull!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gosto como vcs falam em ingles um com o outro... qd ha 3 pessoas a seguir este blog! compra uma vespa

    ReplyDelete
  5. hum a 3ª BM de 1996 e a 4ª de 2000

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see you in a few months joining these guys:
    http://www.bernerzeitung.ch/schweiz/standard/Hells-Angels-etablieren-sich-in-Basel/story/29401055

    :)

    ReplyDelete